By adopting an animal from the Emporia Animal Shelter you are agreeing to take responsibility for its well-being. This means you are willing to do the following:
- Take all necessary time needed for care and training of your new pet.
- Properly feed and maintain the health of your new pet, including regular vaccinations and Veterinary visits when necessary.
- Care for your new pet for the entirety of its lifetime.
Our Adoption process is designed to help ensue that you and your adopted pet will have a happy life together. Prior to adoption we will:
- Have you fill out an Adoption Application, if a landlord is involved we will verify that they will allow your new pet on their property.
- You will have a chance to meet and interact with the animal you are looking to adopt.
- If you have other pets, we may set up a meet between them and the animal you are looking to adopt.
If you can agree to this, then your first step in the process is to fill out our application linked below. Filling out the application and returning it to us does not obligate you to adopt an animal from our shelter. If we do not currently have an animal that meets your needs, the application will be on file for 6 months. There is a 24 to 48 hour wait once your application has been received to hear about approval. The Emporia Animal Shelter is located at 1216 Hatcher Street, Emporia, KS 66801.